Prevention saves lives
Fire prevention activities undertaken by the department include the following:
- Inspections of buildings to ensure that construction meet the requirements of the Ontario Fire Code (wall separations, ingress and egress, fire alarms, sprinkler systems, etc.)
- Inspections and fire drills for locations with vulnerable persons
- Fire scene investigations
- School Safety Programs
The fire department encourages any community groups to contact the office to learn more about fire prevention. To arrange a presentation, please contact the Fire Department.
613-432-2811 Ext 207
Fire Prevention Week
Fire Prevention Week falls on the second week in October. The annual theme changes yearly.
National Fire Protection Association website for details.
- National Fire Protection Association – NFPA
- Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services
- Technical Safety and Standards Authority – TSSA
- Electrical Safety Authority – ESA
- Ontario Association of Fire Chiefs – OAFC
- Ontario Municipal Fire Prevention Officers Association -OMFPOA
- Ontario Provincial Police – OPP
- Emergency Management Ontario -EMO