Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Provincial Updates: https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus
Renfrew County District Health Unit: https://www.rcdhu.com/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-2/
Town of Renfrew Media Releases:
Library Update: https://renfrew.ca/library-welcome.cfm
What is COVID-19?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. They can cause diseases ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS-CoV). Some transmit easily from person to person while others do not. COVID-19 is a new disease that has not been previously identified in humans.
China determined that a novel coronavirus (referred to as COVID-19) is responsible for the outbreak of pneumonia in Wuhan. Authorities in China and worldwide are conducting further investigations to better understand where the disease came from, how it is spread and the clinical severity of illness in humans.
The main Ontario government webpage on COVID-19, including updates on the current situation and current affected areas.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Awareness resources
Factsheets and infographics, Government of Canada
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Guidance documents
For communities, schools and daycares, and health professionals. Government of Canada.
- Community-based measures to mitigate the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Canada
Government of Canada.
- What We Know So Far About… Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Public Health Ontario.
- Information sheet (available in multiple languages)
The Ministry of Health has developed an information sheet about the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) to inform Ontarians about the virus, how they can protect themselves and what to do if they think they have contracted the 2019 novel coronavirus. The information sheet is available in multiple languages.
- Guidance for the Health Sector
Ministry of Health, Ontario government.
- Ontario Government Newsroom
Keyword search: COVID-19, coronavirus
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Government of Canada.
- Coronavirus Infections
MedlinePlus, U.S. National Library of Medicine.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public
World Health Organization.
- John Hopkins Corona Virus Resource Center
Tracks cases globally.
Thank you to the Southern Ontario Library Service for compiling this list of resources.