News & Notices
Stay-at-Home Order - January 13, 2021
Posted On: Friday, January 15, 2021On Tuesday, January 12th, 2021, the Province of Ontario announced a second Provincial Emergency to address COVID-19 and Save Lives. The Province of Ontario has issued a Stay-at-Home Order and introduced enhanced Enforcement Measures to reduce mobility. Effective January 14th, 2021 at 12:01 a.m. the province-wide stay-at-home order requires everyone to remain at home with exceptions for essential purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services, for exercise or for essential work. This order and other new and existing public health restrictions are aimed at limiting people’s mobility and reducing the number of daily contacts with those outside an immediate household.
Impacts of Town of Renfrew operations are as follows:
- The Ma-te-way Activity Centre and the Renfrew Recreation Centre will remain closed to the public, with all programming and rentals continuing to be cancelled. The outdoor skating oval and the sliding hill at Ma-te-way Park will remain open and continue to operate in accordance with public health guidelines and posted signage, until further notification.
- The Renfrew Public Library will remain closed to the public with curbside pickup still available;
- The Town Hall will be closed, however, appointments with staff can be made for those requiring personal assistance. Residents are encouraged to make payments to the Town utilizing alternative options, which include online or telephone banking, mailing a cheque payable to the ‘Town of Renfrew, or dropping off a cheque payment in the Town Hall mail slot at 127 Raglan Street South.
- The Renfrew Landfill Site will remain open and there will be no impacts to curbside collection activities;
- All essential services continue to be offered; and
Staff at any facility can still be contacted by phone or e-mail. Please find contact information on the Town of Renfrew’s website at:
Please refer to instructions on how to protect yourself and your family as published by the Renfrew County & District Health Unit:
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we work together to protect our community from COVID-19, please refer to News and Notices and our Social media pages for updated information as it is released.
Kim R. Bulmer, Town Clerk
If you cannot Stay-at-Home please wear a mask and respect physical distancing.