Summer Reading Coodinator (Student)
Please direct inquiries regarding this position to:
613-432-8151 (600), firstname.lastname@example.org
Thursday, April 8 2021
Thursday, April 29 2021
SUMMER READING CLUB COORDINATOR
The Renfrew Public Library is currently accepting applications for a Summer Reading Club Coordinator. Reporting to the Children’s Librarian, the Summer Reading Club Coordinator plans, promotes and delivers the library’s annual Summer Reading Club, which this year will most likely take place online/outdoors depending on provincial COVID restrictions.
The successful candidate will plan, prepare, implement, promote and market creative, imaginative, a variety of engaging programs for children ages 2-13. They will contact schools and community groups to promote the program. They will design ways to engage children online and out in the community. The successful candidate will also be required to learn basic library procedures as needed.
Find out more info about the TD Summer Reading Program at: https://www.tdsummerreadingclub.ca/staff/home
- Technologically adept – comfortable using online tools for delivery and promotion of services (Facebook, Zoom, Canva, Instagram, etc).
- Art/crafts, drama or storytelling skills
- Previous experience working with children and the public considered an asset
- A love of reading and understanding of public libraries.
- Good written, interpersonal, public speaking and leadership skills.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Highly motivated.
- Able to work independently.
- Be a full-time high school, college, CEGEP or university student (as defined by their educational institution) in the spring 2021 semester and be returning to full-time studies in the fall of 2021
- Able to work occasional evenings & weekends
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible) and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
Rate of Pay/Hours of Work:
- Up to 30 hours/week for 15 weeks
- Job runs May through August
Closing Date: Thursday, April 29th at 8:00 p.m.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume (c/o Kelly Thompson) in one of the following ways
In Person/Mail: Renfrew Public Library – 13 Railway Ave., Renfrew, ON
For more information about the Renfrew Public Library, please visit: http://www.renfrew.ca/library-welcome.cfm
We thank all applicants for their interest - only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Renfrew Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and all information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection. This information is being collected under the authority of the Public Libraries Act, 1990, c. P. 44, in order to identify potential candidates for job competitions. The Renfrew Public Library will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for a known disability for an applicant or employee if requested.
Employment Resource Services
ontrac Employment Resource Services provides free employment assistance services in three offices – Arnprior (since 2000), Smiths Falls (since 2002), and Renfrew (since 2018). Each office contains a fully equipped resource centre which includes computers with internet access, photocopiers, fax machines, job boards, newspapers, career-search resources and materials, community resources, and professional staff to provide assistance and support.