The Mayor is the presiding officer of the Town Council and is responsible for appointing individuals to Boards and Committees, subject to the approval of Town Council.
Town Council is responsible for several key functions, including:
- Initiating, amending and adopting Town bylaws;
- Approving contracts, purchases and agreements;
- Approval of capital and operating budgets;
- Determining mill rates for the municipal portion of property taxes;
- Exercising all discretionary powers of the Town, both legislative and executive;
- Providing direction to Town Administration through the Clerk;
- Stewardship of public assets; and
- Regulating and controlling land development within the Town limits.
Town Council for 2018-2022
RENFREW TOWN COUNCIL
Mayor Don Eady
(Back row from left to right)
Councillor Mike Coulas, Councillor Sandi Heins, Reeve Peter Emon, Councillor Arlene Jamieson, Councillor Tom Sidney, Councillor Andrew Evans
The Town is governed and managed by the following Elected Councillors:
Don Eady, Mayor
Peter Emon, Reeve
Mike Coulas, Councillor
Andrew Evans, Councillor
Sandi Heins, Councillor
Arlene Jamieson, Councillor
Tom Sidney, Councillor
24-2020 Procedural By-Law Amendment - Electronic Meetings..
to amend By-law No. 34-2011, as amended, to govern the proceedings of the Council and Committees of the Town of Renfrew
17-2020 Procedural By-Law Amendments..
To amend By-law No. 34-2011, as amended, to govern the proceedings of the Council and Committees of the Town of Renfrew
22-2020 to delegate Council’s authority..
to delegate Council’s authority